The lightening speed use of internet has made it mandatory for every business or entity to have their online persona. This mainly includes websites and Social profiles. Social Media is integral for every business strategy. To generate leads or customers using Social Medias, it is important to know which Social Media is being used by your targeted audience. Here are some of the questions to keep in mind while building your social media strategy:
- Do this Social media Platform suit my business requirement?
Think twice what you actually want to do? Want to share events? Build brands image? Connect with potential leads? Analyze which platform meets your business requirement.
- Does my customer use this social media platform?
Check whether the platform you decided to work on is used by your targeted audience. Let’s assume you have clothing business, you need to focus on Instagram and Facebook largely.
- Do I have enough time to generate posts and make the consistent posts on them?
Make sure you select limited platforms and use them wisely. Try doing a perfect job in less number of platforms rather than doing poor job on plenty of social platforms.
Let us have a look at some of the best social platforms and what type of business/audience suits the respected social media platform:
Oftenly Facebook serves as the first touch point for your audience to find the information they are looking for. Keep everything professional and up to date.
- Nurture Customers
- Connect n number of target audiences
- Share updated information
- Share videos and creatives
- Can use Call to Actions for shoppers to access your website.
Facts & Figures:
- Age based, the largest user demographic is those aged 25–34
- Facebook users are 53% female and 47% male
- 56% of online seniors aged 65+ are on Facebook and 63% are between age 50–60
Instagram can be used for business that has strong visual brands to take great advantage of Instagram.
- Strong Visual Branding
- Story Telling of Brand to Customers
Facts & Figures:
- Instagram users are 49% female and 51% male
- 55% of all online 18 to 29 year olds in the U.S. are using Instagram
- The next largest Instagram age demographic is 30 to 49 years old at 28% usage
Twitter is a medium to share short updates, search and participate on trending topics and much more. Twitter can be a great medium for business that are looking for people and solve their problems.
- To Maintain good Customer Service
- Deliver Company or Brand Updates
Facts and figures:
- 32% of internet users aged 18 to 29 continue to use Twitter
- 13% of those aged 50 to 64 use Twitter
Largely focused and used for B2B Capacity. It’s a best growth tool for independent business. Linked is the best medium to share knowledge and have professional growth.
- Join Groups to network people of your business interest
- Explore Partnership opportunities
- To share business updates
- To recruit employees
- Hire Freelancers
Facts and Figures:
- According to Expanded Ramblings, 44 percent of LinkedIn users are female, compared to 56 percent who are male.
- Almost a quarter of LinkedIn users are aged 18 to 29.
- 61 percent of LinkedIn users are those aged 30 to 64 years old.
Pinterest is mostly used for design related business or for strong visual branding. You can curate your own boards to market your design.
- Reach Design Customer base
- Visual Showcasing of Wide Range products
- Sell Your Pinned Products
I would love to hear from you how you chose upon your social media platform.