User Experience means to understand the user’s needs, ability or requirements. It is always important to consider the business goals, objective and mission for better User experience.
Collecting information, writing content and sharing the same isn't the only aspect for content strategy. Designing and arrangements of the websites and blogs are equally important. For making your site visually appealing, there are a lot of factors to consider few of them are stated below:
1. First thing is to put the right person on the job, manage the available resources and guide them until the project is complete. For good User experience, it is important that the website design is user-centric.
2. Carry out a research to understand the business goal, the target audience, and objective of the business website. This will help you and reduce your efforts with respect to designing the website. This is because you actually know what the user promptly wants.
3. Do not think that your visitors don't pay attention to the headings. They are more keen to read the headings which decide their interest in the content. To make an impression keep your headings straightforward and to the point, make sure all your headings are similar in length and are directly related to your content. Also, effective headings including the keywords to want to target can be good for your SEO.
4. Keep website design interactive and engaging which is the most important factor to ensure good user experience. Bright images, smooth navigations and cool effects all included in ensuring good user experience. Would you read an article that is in a paragraph format? I bet, no!
Make sure you make sections of your article, it's not just the arrangements of your word but the space between them and the images you put, known as White Space. White space gives the visitors a room to breathe and also is visually appealing.
5. Make the site mobile-friendly. You have to make all your web pages mobile friendly because today most of the visitors are coming through various mobile devices, therefore you need to keep your website mobile responsive & user-friendly for better user experience.
Responsive websites are structured to fit on all the devices as per their layout in an eye-pleasing, easy to read format. A responsive website allows you to view desktop web pages in response to the size of the screen of your devices such as a smartphone, tablet or browser. Responsive websites are easy to navigate, scroll and read and makes them more user-friendly.
6. Remove and customize 404. From your own user experience, you can tell, 404 is a huge letdown. Even though you might just have one single page that displays 404, the user tends to navigate away from the site to find something much faster and reliable. To avoid the bounce rate, find the 404s and either eliminate them or make them more interactive and friendly.
7. One of the most frustrating user experiences of the web is high page loading time. Ensure that your page loading speed should not be less than 3 seconds, your visitor will close your site and go with your competitor site. In today's fast-paced, multitasking world the speed of your site can make or break impression of your site and also your brand.
8. Quality content is the most important part of your website. Most of the visitors are just coming for information, related to their searched queries. You should keep your content relevant to your offering, services, and products. You have to highlight your key points by using symbols like bullets & numbers as well as you can use bold, italic or underline to focus on that particular text.
9. Images are the most eye-catching part of your website. You might hear about that “One picture is worth a thousand of words”. Try to use some quality & informative images on your website for better user attractions. Images are always good for bringing traffic to your website.
10. You should give them an experience, which they will long for, from other sites as well. From creating quality content to the convenient browsing, it is important that you give them a good user experience.
I hope these tips will help you to understand that how to ensure good user experience of a website.