A website is not only the identity of any business but it is created for many reasons like Giving information about your products & services, Online Selling, Generating new business leads, Promoting the Business, Online Marketing, provide customer support services etc. So a fully functional, well maintained, Search engine and a mobile friendly website is very important for many reasons.
Website maintenance is the act of updating, adding or modifying components of the website including content, tools, and protocols. Regular maintenance of a website is critical to ensure a professional online presence and a quality user experience as well as adds to the longevity, security and continued relevance of the initial website build.
Importance of Website Security & Maintenance
- Attract new customers: Customers love the well maintained and fully functional websites. If the design of a website is not eye catching and the loading speed of the website is too low so the customer and search engine both will not give them any priority.
- Business Identity: A website is your business identity. So if your website in not well maintained than its is harmful to your brand image.
- Performance in Search engine results: There are many qualities which every website should contain to get higher ranking in search engine. Like Page load time, Search engine friendly design, Mobile responsiveness etc so The website which is technically fit, that website perform excellently in the search engine.
As a proprietor of an online business, it is not any more irritating than someone (web criminals) hacked your site and modified or washed out your work. Things being what they are, digital criminals can change your unexceptional site into a malevolent Spybot inside a few moments, exchange customer's private data to programmers without you recognize.
Most hackers are not to take your data or devastate your site, yet rather attempts to use your server as an email hand-off for spam, or to set of temporary associations with a server, routinely to serve information of an unlawful nature.
We should see some well-known popular attacks that programmers can use to hurt your site.
- SQL injection attacks
- Cross-site scripting (XSS) attacks
- Dictionary attack
- Brute force attack
- DDoS attacks
- Botnet attacks
- Man-in-the-middle attacks
- Eavesdropping attacks
You are spending supplementary endeavors to build up a brand and make your site more easy to understand - so put aside the chance to secure it!
- Keep all platforms and scripts up-to-date
- Obtain an SSL certificate for HTTPS secure layer.
- Use parameterized queries
- Apply content security policy
- Ensure your passwords are strong
- Make sure about directory and file permissions
- Use cloud-based web application firewall
If your website has been hacked then your web users as well your own private information will be compromised and your website can boycott in Google and other search engines due to dangers of awful content. Apply these essential tips for your online business to stay safe and keep away